The CFA Young Forester Award - application
As part of the Commonwealth Forestry Association’s commitment to supporting the professional development of young foresters we are pleased to announce the launch of the CFA Young Forester Award 2017 in conjunction with the Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia.
The CFA Young Forester Award provides a short-term work placement of three months hosted by the University of British Columbia at their Malcolm Knapp Research Forest, between September and December 2017, where the successful applicant will be able to develop their practical skills. The Award covers flights, accommodation, local travel, subsistence costs and a small bursary to cover the period of the placement.
- Be a national of a Commonwealth country.
- Hold a forestry qualification.
- Be below 35 years of age on 1st January 2017.
- Be able to travel to Canada and apply for a Canadian Study Permit.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
- An essay of at least 400 but no more than 500 words explaining why you are applying for the CFA Young Forester Award.
- A Curriculum Vitae/ Résumé of no more than two pages.
Short-listed candidates will undergo a Skype interview.
Please note that only applications that meet these requirements will be considered.