424, Sahid Nagar
Interest in Forestry: central
Aims and Objectives: Reduce poverty and hunger through sustainable management of local resources in community participation and development of the rural environment and natural resource base.
Enable men and women to develop their institutional and human resources, plan and implement environmentally sustainable community development models, and improve policies.
Facilitate and support community based systems for management of resources and establishes rights of community on local natural resources.
Target Population: Vulnerable groups living in and around forest, mines, industries, drought and flood prone zones, environmentally sensitive areas, etc. Community institutions and their network, primary groups and NGOs involved in natural resource management.
Currently RCDC is undertaking research on:
- Legal issues in community forest management,
- Dependency of people on forest,
- Issues in management of non-wood forest produces,
- Issues involved in management of protected areas,
- Institutional arrangement for community based resource management systems
- Traditional knowledge pertaining to management of land, water, forest and agriculture.