HQ address: P.O. BOX 602,
Chichester, PO19 9FY
Type of Organisation: NGO,
Interest in Forestry: peripheral
The African Conservation Foundation is working towards the protection and conservation of Africa's endangered wildlife and their habitats. Founded in 1999, ACF fills a unique niche by creating an Africa-wide network for information exchange and capacity building of conservation efforts in the region.
ACF's mission is to support and link African conservation initiatives, groups and NGOs, with the aim of strengthening their capacity, building partnerships and promoting effective communication and co-ordination of conservation efforts.
Our work is organised around 5 specific goals:
* Linking conservation initiatives across the continent, and strengthening the networking capacities of research and conservation groups and NGOs.
* Providing training, support and technical assistance for conservation groups and NGOs, particularly grassroots, in Africa.
* Offering capacity support for sustainable community projects linked with conservation.
* Serving as an educational resource centre for the general public, both within and outside of Africa.
* Conducting on-the-ground conservation projects.
Our overall goal is to change the approach of the management and utilization of natural resources to one in which the needs of human development in the region are reconciled with biodiversity conservation.
The African Conservation Foundation is a registered NGO in Tanzania, Kenya and Cameroon. ACF is also a UK Registered Charity (No. 1120705)