P.O Box 519
Interest in Forestry: peripheral
The Tonga Trust is an indigenous, non-governmental development organization operating in the Kingdom. Its activities involve social, human, community and environmental development and training. Additional programmes have focused on eco-forestry, pesticide awareness, environmental education, community theatre, and sanitation.
A Brief History
Tonga Trust was established in 1979 and has been continuously involved in women`s development and health issues, including water supply and poverty alleviation.
* Tonga Forest Garden Scoping Study
* Lagoon on Watch
* Rural Water Supply - construction of ferrocement tanks for rainwater catchment
* Pesticides Awareness Project
* Village Women`s Development network to improve rural health, water supply, nutrition, sanitation
* Neiafu sanitation programme
* Awareness community theatre - focussing on environment, health, disasters and youth