PO Box 1304
East Sepik Provence
Papua New Guinea
Interest in Forestry: peripheral
The Tenkile Conservation Alliance (TCA) aims to save the critically endangered Tenkile, or Scott's Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus scottae), from becoming extinct.
The Tenkile is one of the most endangered mammal species in the world with as few as one hundred individuals remaining. So it is really now or never to save the Tenkile.
TCA works in the Torricelli Mountains of Papua New Guinea researching the animal, providing education to the schools and helping the community.
The Tenkile Conservation Alliance is a non-government organisation based in Papua New Guinea.
Field Research to Monitor the population of Tenkile:
• Demographic and behavioral biology studies of the wild Tree Kangaroo populations in PNG;
• Research and studies of the fauna and flora of PNG
• Protection, management, and restoration of natural habitat.
• Increase public awareness and involvement in conservation of Tree Kangaroos and and their habitat
• Community development that supports conservation action.