Interest in Forestry: central
Tane's Tree Trust vision is to see the majority of New Zealand landowners successfully planting and sustainably managing indigenous trees for multiple uses by 2020.
In order to realise the vision; the foundational objectives of the Trust are to promote indigenous forestry as an attractive land use.
The objectives of Tane's Tree Trust include:
- building a network of knowledge sharing amongst stakeholders;
- retrieval of past incomplete research projects pertaining to establishment, growth and productive use of indigenous tree species;
- the establishment of new research projects;
- maximising the economic incentives for establishing indigenous trees by reducing establishment costs;
- resolving taxation, legal and political obstacles currently serving as disincentives to the planting of indigenous trees;
- raising funds to undertake the above.