PO BOX 30
Type: Research NGO
Interest in Forestry: peripheral
1. Promote Conservation Research, Monitoring and Action;
2. Increase local awareness of the uses and needs of Biodiversity;
3. Bring to the fore issues related to local habitat degradation and species vulnerability;
4. Encourage public collaboration toward a better natural environment for our children and beyond;
5. Assist in the management of natural environments for Conservation.
Biodiversity is the variety of life in all its forms, levels and combinations. Our local biodiversity is under increasing threat due to our daily activities. The goal of halting the loss of biodiversity by 2010 has been the subject of several key international agreements.These include transforming activities in sectors such as agriculture, fisheries, and tourism.
BICREF is working with other NGO's, including the GAIA Foundation, to assess the marine and terrestrial biodiversity of Special Areas of Conservation such as Ghajn Tuffieha and Ramla Bay. Undergoing research is also monitoring changes in the biodiversity of these and other sites.
Cetacean Work & Scientific Research
Terrestrial Habitats & Species