Interest in Forestry: peripheral
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
With a commitment to sustainable development CARTs aims and priorities emerged to work with rural and tribal communities which are vulnerable to underdevelopment. Further, a growing realization of the need for a comprehensive process of development, the core areas of significance which is the driving force in the coining of the key objectives of CART are issues addressing Women’s Development, Sustainable Agriculture, and the Forest Sector.
Keeping in view the above goals, CART has developed the following objectives :
1) To develop initiatives for women’s empowerment and promote gender sensitisation.
2) To adequately address both macro and micro issues relating to agriculture and forestry
3) To develop initiatives for women’s empowerment and promote gender sensitisation.
4) To motivate and train local youth/grass roots workers as cause and consumer of social change and progress.
5) To evolve appropriate strategies/programmes for intervention through Participatory Rapid Appraisal (PRA) techniques and action based research.
6) To create and extend networking and linkages with individuals, groups and organisations, both area-wise and issue based.
7) To provide preventive, rehabilitative and relief services addressing special social problems.