Lot 7 Henry Street
Interest in Forestry: peripheral
Evergreen Nature Study Club is an autonomous, non-profit organisation geared to educate and re-educate people on nature studies, that is, environmental literacy and nature tours. Products of the Club are exhibited at the Jenman Education Center, Botanic Gardens,Georgetown. A valuable certificate is offered upon completion of studies and field trips form part of the study. Our objective is to know Guyana's natural resources and how to make good use of them in a holistic manner.
Projects carried out by the Club include :
* Outreach educational programmes for Primary and Secondary school students
* Production of plants namely food, medicinal, ornamental and forest species
* Plant and animal pest/disease control in communities
* Production of Nature Study handbooks, audio and video cassettes
* Conservation of natural habitats
* Provision of nature-based goods and services.