PO Box 44597 00100
Interest in Forestry: central
The mission of KAFU is to unlock trade opportunities for non-timber forest products, conservation and organic products by putting in place a Kenyan movement for certification and marketing of non-timber forest products, conservation and organic products.
KAFU (Kenya Association of Forest Users), a membership orgainization focussing on non-timber forest products, conservation and organic products.
KAFU's activities are: Promoting public awareness about KAFU, conservation and organic products, and sustainable exploitation of non-timber forest products through workshops, educational materials and popular media.
- Facilitating a consensus building process on setting up ethical guidelines and standards for cultivation, collection, harvesting, processing and marketing of non-timber forest products.
- Provide advice and sharing information on pertinent issues with different stakeholders.
- Mobilizing resources (financial and human) to achieve the aims and objectives of KAFU.
- Training stakeholders in production, certification and marketing skills.
- Supporting stakeholders to participate in policy making and legislation through workshops, media compaigns, public hearing and seminars.
email@example.com did ont work and website not working but clear that organisation is active due to references on other sites. Www.kafuworld.org .